What is a Comprehensive Eye Health Examination?
At City iCare a comprehensive eye health examination includes a detailed evaluation of the inner and outer structures of your eye and visual system, while also providing you with glasses and/or contact lens prescription. An annual eye health examination is an important part of preventative health care. Think of an annual eye health exam as a physical for your eyes. During each eye examination, our doctors check for conditions such as glaucoma, cataracts, retinal detachment, and macular degeneration. Other health problems such as diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and various types of cancer are commonly detected on routine eye health examinations.
City iCare has always made eye health and vision top priority among our patients. This is demonstrated by our commitment to staying current with the latest technologies in the industry. Our automated computerized instruments provide a higher standard of eye care for our patients, allowing for the early detection of many conditions of the front and back of the eye.
What does an Eye Health Examination Include?
- A case history, including any vision and medical issues, as well as a detailed family history.
- An analysis of your visual needs at home, work, school, and play
- Measurement of the visual acuity (sharpness of vision) of each eye
- A binocular vision assessment to determining how well your eyes work together
- Obtaining updated glasses and/or contact lens prescription that will have you seeing your best
- A complete eye health assessment of the inner and outer structures of your eye. As part of your routine eye health examination, our doctors check for many eye conditions like glaucoma, macular degeneration, and cataracts, to name a few.
- A neurological assessment of your visual system including pupil reactions, eye muscle movements, colour vision testing, and an assessment of your peripheral vision.
The results of the above testing is used to determine the appropriate prescription lenses to treat any refractive and visual problems, or to recommend medical or surgical treatment if needed. Recommendations for future eye care visits will be made based on your eye health history and the results of your examination.
From infants and grade-schoolers to grandparents, Optometrists play an essential and ongoing role in maintaining you and your family’s health. Call City iCare and book your eye health examination today!